Friday, June 27, 2008

Week Three


The collection grows. I can't seem to stay away from all the items from the interiors of homes. I keep pulling parts of furniture, cabinet doors and drawers, framed art and images, and other bric-a-brac that reek of a particular decade. I'm slowly amassing a timeline of how a public decorated their homes. Every day the studio space shrinks a little.
A very beautiful part of this residency is that an artist can collect with near abandon. I don't pay a cent for my materials, so if something doesn't work out, nothing lost (except time), it just goes back in the trash. I don't have to worry about the usual concerns of where to store things or if they are too cumbersome to haul away, everything can be managed with the help of the recycling centers employees and the company vehicles and equipment. Everyone is willing to help where it's needed.


This week a couple of colorful cabinet doors get cut up and glued back together in a checker board pattern. Don't know exactly where it's going just yet, but I went with the impulse to do it anyway. Stay tuned to see what form it takes in the future.

1 comment:

laura said...

I love the cabinet doors, are you still working on those?
The lattice pieces are great too!

-minnie
http://www.thankyoufornotbeingperky.com